4) When you have reached your destination to the link in number 3, find the oldest photo on that site.
5) Make a comparison between that old photo (from the link in question 3) and your band. In what year was this photo taken? What economic downturn happened just after this photo was taken and how long did it last?
* * *
SCAVENGER EXTREME - Section 2 of 2
1) The photo above was taken in 1902. How is this band the same or different from yours today?
2) Please review the HURRICANE BRASS BAND-New Orleans website: http://www.hurricanebrassband.nl/Hoofdsite%20Brassband%20history.htm. Scroll down to the section that says: A Brief History of Brass Bands, by B. Singer. In what year were military bands marching toward Austria? How many years ago was this? Please consider by writing on your paper if you think there have always been marching bands, i.e., were there marching bands at the height of the Roman Empire? When was that exactly?
4) Sometimes people have factual information and other times they have opinions, like, "what is the best football team in the country?" Using the search tool below, are you able to find the top three American marching bands? How do you know?
5) What is the top American marching band award for colleges and universities? Complete a web search using the search tool below to find this information and record you located your research findings. Be prepared to share with your class.
When you have completed Section 1 and Section 2 of SCAVENGER EXTREME, you may proceed on to SCAVENGER MASTER! Move your cursor over the Marching Band WebQuest tab above and click on the SCAVENGER MASTER link.